Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Alexia, base WIP

This mini has been on the table for a while now, but I thought it was about time to post a few WIP shots of the base, and mini for Alexia. I had the mini painted mostly up for the Longest Night event, but I had held off on the base, as I wanted something a little more special for this lady. In the end, I opted for this base by Secret Weapon.


Here, Alexia's base all but done, some muddy water to add, and some touch ups to the mini after all the man-handling required to remove the horse from its previous base and pin it to this one.


I went on to touch up the paint work, and fill in the base with some water effect, stained with Secret Weapon's Sewer Water wash. Perfectly named I feel, and the colour works great as swamp water. I dumped some grass and leaves in the mix at the last minute, as I was too eager to get the water in there, I completely forgot how I had actually planned to place these before adding the water effects.

Furthermore, I had also planned to varnish the model before I put the water effect in, as I didn't want the spray varnish I use for a dullcoat clouding up the base! This will have to be worked around, as already the paint job has chipped again where I repaired it last night. I guess I'll have to paint on the 'ard coat, then mask over the base to spray with dullcoat.


4 comments:

  1. Amazing base! Love the blond Alexia a lot...but not the gloss effect on her and her pony ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and don't worry, there'll be a spray of dull coat added, I'm just waiting for the temperature to rise enough to spray things on the balcony.

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a miniature, what a base and what a paint job! Love the horseflesh, great job Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words sir. I'm happy with her.

      Delete