Thursday, May 16, 2013

Colore ton Monde: Anniversary Edition

This is less of a painting post, as there are no pics of any of the minis I am currently painting, but Tuesday night was the Club Chaos's Colore ton Monde 1st Birthday party. There was cake, and prizes. I was extremely fortunate in that i ate cake, complete with Unicron-poop flavoured ice-cream, AND I won one of the prizes, just for attending ($5 store credit to be spent on painting supplies, generously supplied by the hosts, Gamers' Vault). I chose a little tub of Secret Weapon  weathering powder. This time a blue one, to get away from all the browns and rust colours I previously bought and loved.

The event had a great turn out, with over 20 people of all ages turning up (the youngest being I think 11, and she seemed to enjoy both the painting and the cake!). Here's to the next year of events, and a growing club with a great athmosphere.




Anyway, enough with the parties, and back to the painting table, I have a Mangler to finish!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well, the Unicorn is a bit of a motif for the group, being as we are, mainly composed of parents of young kids, hence the rainbows etc in the logo. The Unicorn is represented as a skull, as well, we are still wargamers! ;)

      One of the group decided that the banana and cotton candy ice-cream with blue bits (pure sugar) was what Unicorn-poop obviously looked like.

      Needless to say, the painting after the cake and ice-cream got a bit messy as the sugar rush kicked in...

      Delete
  2. Bon Anniversaire!

    I thought Unicron was a giant robot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci! I'm not sure about the robot though...

      Delete