Saturday, March 22, 2014

Paint Table Saturday


I have never yet participated in this spot as yet, as Saturdays are not a day I get to do much painting. However, this afternoon was a family painting session, as the girls and I sat down together.

First off, we did some painting on paper, then, once I waited to see if everyone was actually in the mood to paint, and not to wander off and do other stuff, we each took one of these old WFB Wood Elf archers each and got stuck in.


Man, these things are old. The first plastic minis I bought, and I think some of the first plastics GW made. The detail on these is impressively minimal, but they were perfect for today's exercise.

The big'un was having trouble with the paint coming off the mini when she was holding it (we were using other craft paints as well as my acrylics, but they were doing the job), so I had to get each of them a cork to hold the mini with.

Here are the final results:



As you can see, only the lil'un finished hers off, what a speed painter! I loved the colour the big'un used for the cloak, so I copied her, no need for more green in my archer unit. She in turn liked the green hair her sister had painted and copied that.

I have more of these guys, some of which I painted about 20 years ago or so. Look out for them in the near future.


10 comments:

  1. The chap on the right is downright psychedelic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for participating this week! I added your link to my blog post.
    Greetings, Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely gorgeous, Paint table Saturday - the family addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great when you try to get the kids involved in the hobby. I have been trying to get me son interested in miniature painting but it's tough fighting electronic gadgets for attention in this day and age. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have too many gadgets that they have access to, we've restriced that to special occassions, although the painting with the kids only works when they're in the mood, otherwise it's less fun!

      Delete
  5. Good to see you're starting them early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Keeps them busy on a cold afternoon!

      Delete