Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Frostgrave Warband

I've gotten in three games of this now, and there's quite a buzz in the local meta over it too, so we look like we're heading towards a campaign.

With that in mind, I finished off a few of my minis. One of the things I love about this game is that it is the perfect use for my Oldhammer and Reaper minis, that never see the daylight often enough. These go well with the Wizards I have already painted.

Treasure Hunter
The sole recent purchase for this game. This is a Reaper mini, and by that token, a touch taller than the others, with the others being classic Citadel minis, and therefore much nearer to actual 25mm. He is also not on a slotta base, so that too adds a bit of height.
In game, I do like these guys as they are fast, but can also handle themselves in melee.




Knight
This is another old skool Warhammer mini, from a pack of knights. I'm not sure if they were originally labelled as Bretonnians, or something else, as I bought them a good 20 years ago, if not more. I've had a look for him on the various Citadel collectors sites, but I can't find him, so if anyone has any more info, I'd be happy to hear it!

This guy is the tank of the group. With a shield spell on him, he really can take a beating, although he takes his time to get where he needs to go.




Archer
This one is a Bretonnian. As a Perry brothers sculpt, it would of course work for Medieval armies too. Perfect for Frostgrave and WFB too of course! I may have to go over the face again, as the white of the right eye seems to be smudged. Bloody cameras! As you can see, he is from teh same retinue as the Knight above, although I do not really intend for the whole warband to have one colour scheme, it does help if I want to field them in other games later.

I have two of these guys in my warband for now, and they have a magic bow each now, so they'll be sticking around for the forseeable.


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on these figures, love the Treasure Hunter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CHeers mate, I did take a little longer on that one. A bit more inking ans washing on the weapons.

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous looking warband - lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work especially the treasure hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Derek ... nice group; love the archer most of all.
    By the way, Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers for that. Hope you had a good one too, and Happy modelling in 2016!

      More Frostgrave on the way...

      Delete