Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Frostgrave Ranger

It took me a while to find the right Ranger mini for my Frostgrave force. I wanted a mini that suited the look of the North Star wizard and apprentice, the old school GW troopers an the Reaper minis that made up the rest of the band. I also wanted it to be a female model, to try to give the warband more of a gender balance. In the end I settled on the Otherworld Miniatures range, and bought the female Ranger and Thief minis.



Now the full warband is complete. The rest of the gang is listed here: Wizard and Apprentice, Archers, Captain,Treasure Hunter and Rangifer, Knight and Male Treasure Hunter, and of course the Snow Golem.


I plan to organise a new round of games of Fristgrave in the near future, I'm unsure of I'l go with these guys, or start another warband. That's the thing with the lead pile. You finish off one set of minis, and there's another lot sitting ready to go.

This is also the first of the minis from the Cleaning out the Closet list for this winter.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice work on a very nice model. Excellent stuff Derek. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very kind, thank you! She was a pleasure to paint.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm very happy with them as a Warband.

      Delete
  3. Great choice Derek and nice work too. I need to get round to painting my snow golem this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, I can't wait to see what you do with your Golem! :D

      Delete
  4. Lovely work. The OW Rangers are some of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think it's the simplicity of the models I like. They're not overly sculpted with too many bells and whistles.

      Delete